Updated 12/4/2023: - Reduced time for AI recovery to provide assistance in parkour levels to 20 seconds. (see more)
Originally published: 9/12/2023
Reach the A.I. Quiz!
ChatGPT is used in the final level to create a random quiz question based on the player's choice of difficulty and quiz topic, and also evaluates the generated question to produce an answer it thinks is correct. Do you have what it takes to compete against the A.I.?
Use the WASD or Arrow keys to move around each level. Look around the levels to find test switches or hidden power ups by moving the mouse pointer. Reach hard to access artificial neurons by pressing the Spacebar to jump across platforms. Pick up objects like training datasets by clicking on them. Pause the game at any time by pressing the Esc key.
Play a game made with AI while learning about AI
Rescue the Artificial Intelligence and human crew on a spaceship, while learning how neural networks operate. Find each of the missing artificial neurons, train the AI with specific data, and test it in a quiz-environment, all as fast as possible!
How AI can be used in Game Development
Generative artificial intelligence can do so many different things to enhance game creation. In A.I. Rescue, it was/is used to:
- Generate random quiz questions based on player input in the final level.
- Evaluate and provide answers to the generated quiz questions.
- Generate the voiceovers heard in each level.
- Generate the basis of a Game Design Document.
- Generate a template of how to teach how large language neural networks operate to middle-school level students.
- Generate the idea of what a 3D model structure of an artificial neuron would look like.
- Generate the preview image for the game.
AI did not create the game by itself, but saved the human game creator major amounts of time and effort they would have needed to spend doing each of those tasks manually. And in the case of generating/evaluating random quiz questions, it does something that would not been possible otherwise!
Information sources used in A.I. Rescue:
IBM Neural Networks: https://www.ibm.com/topics/neural-networks