Information we collectInformation you give us. Use of our services requires you to sign up for a Blocksmith Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, such as your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account. You may also create a publicly visible Blocksmith Profile, which may include your username and photo.
Information we get from your use of our services.We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you download another User’s Experience, visit a website that uses our advertising services, or view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
Device informationWe collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Blocksmith may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Blocksmith Account.
Log informationWhen you use our services or view content provided by Blocksmith, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service, such as your search queries
- Internet protocol address
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Blocksmith Account
Unique application numbersCertain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Blocksmith when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
Local storageWe may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and similar technologiesWe and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Blocksmith service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Blocksmith features that may appear on other sites. Information we collect when you are signed in to Blocksmith, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your Blocksmith Account. When information is associated with your Blocksmith Account, we treat it as personal information.
Information you shareMany of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal informationWhenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems). Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we shareWe do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Blocksmith unless one of the following circumstances applies:
For legal reasonsWe will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Blocksmith if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Blocksmith, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Information securityWhat we do to protect Blocksmith and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Blocksmith employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.